These forums are now closed Forum Index These forums are now closed
Please see the new forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAM and USB option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    These forums are now closed Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsafstrom

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: RAM and USB option. Reply with quote

This is not really a problem, just an observation...

I have a Replica 1 SE with the USB option installed.
It is set to be powered from the DC jack and not the USB.
The USB cable is connected to the computer even when the Replica is off.

I've been fooling around with the Krusader to learn 6502 and I notice that if I turn off the Replica but keep my computer on, my programs stays in the RAM.
When I turn the replica off, the LED goes off and hyper terminal show no activity as well...
However if I leave the computer on and turn on the Replica (even after hours gone by), I can enter Krusader and recover my program with the P command.
If I unplug the USB cable or turn off the computer, the program goes away and the P command will recover garbage.

The question is, is this harmful to my computer or Replica ?
vbriel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sun 07, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but the replica 1 is a live circuit at that stage. The only power on/off option with the power by USB is the jumper. So, the easiest way to turn off the replica 1 is to pull the usb cable from the replica 1. The other way is to pull the jumper and that will also cut power to the replica 1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    These forums are now closed Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: