16K replica 1 plus rom image?

Talk about your replica, what you have done and what you use it for

Re: 16K replica 1 plus rom image?

Postby waltermixxx » Apr Fri 24, 2015 11:49 am

Here are a couple of pic's of my Replica 1 plus wire wrapped version.
(first time wire wrapping, so please be gentle)...

waltermixxx

Postby jac_goudsmit » Apr Sat 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Nice pictures!

I have to say, I would have put the parts much closer together on the board, though.

See e.g. the wire-wrap version of my Propeddle project that I made a while ago... http://propeddle.com/?p=238

===Jac
Last edited by jac_goudsmit on Apr Sun 26, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jac_goudsmit

Postby waltermixxx » Apr Sat 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Thank you :)

this is my first time wire wrapping, so i was afraid to put the chips too close, as I would find it more difficult to do the wiring...
I think if i had to do it again, i would put them closer... You dont think there will be an issue do you? I think the Kim-1 board is pretty spread out...mind you it most likely has a ground plain.... :)

Say, Mr. Briel sent me the 16K rom and it was identical to the one you provided. :)
so what ever you did, you did it spot on...( But I am sure you know that already...)

I loaded the rom file onto a 27128 eprom, and then compared it to the file Mr. Briel provided.
and it verified it as being the same... :)

I just finished wire wrapping address buss from 6502 to 62256 ram chip....
then all i have to do is the address bus from to the rom chip, and i should be done. :)

I already tested the propeller section, and it works great... i get the screen full of garbage, then clear the screen with cls button,
then i get the flashing @ symbol. :) once i have ram and rom completed.... i can plug in the rest of the chips :)

hopefully finish up Replica 1plus tomorrow... fingers crossed. :)
waltermixxx

Postby waltermixxx » Apr Sun 26, 2015 12:20 am

Latest pic's:

P.S. Mr. Briel encouraged me to re-create my own Replica 1 via wire wrap, which I thought was very nice of him :)

Cheers. :)
waltermixxx

Postby waltermixxx » Apr Wed 29, 2015 9:09 am

Okie Doke,

All done. Worked on the first try... :) it was an exciting moment when the / appeared and the @ dropped down to the next line.
Now I just have to mount it some where, add a power switch (2 pin header already soldered in for that). I have not hard wired a home built computer since i built a Cosmac Elf in 1982 from the popular electronics articles (a lot of it was soldered down to a home made home designed/etched circuit board).

:)
waltermixxx

Previous

Return to replica 1 General Discussion