PS/2 keyboard is not working on my PT

Talk about the PockeTerm, updates, and uses

PS/2 keyboard is not working on my PT

Postby maten149 » Aug Fri 06, 2010 5:36 pm

I recently built the kit, and the display works perfectly, however the PS/2 keyboard
is not responding, and no status LEDs are lighting.

I tried measuring the connectivity on the PS/2 solder points, and it seemed ok, however, since I dont have a pin-out map
on the connector, I only could establish that I have VCC on one pin, GND on one, and Two pins connected to the 100R signals
of the propeller, so it 'seems' ok. The voltage is 5V on the VCC line when powered up.

What could be the source of this evil? Unfortunately I could only test it with two identical packard bell PS/2 keyboards, so if there is
an issue with the keyboard model, this might be the root cause.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Best regards,
Mattias
maten149

Re: PS/2 keyboard is not working on my PT

Postby williad » Aug Sun 08, 2010 5:15 am

Hi, You may need the two 10K ohm pull up resistors to +5V on the data & clock lines on the PS/2 connector. There was a mention of this some where earlier on in this forum. See the item titled "Another kit working fine, keyboard USB-PS/2 problem solved".

Regards
David
williad

Re: PS/2 keyboard is not working on my PT

Postby maten149 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 6:49 am

williad wrote:Hi, You may need the two 10K ohm pull up resistors to +5V on the data & clock lines on the PS/2 connector. There was a mention of this some where earlier on in this forum. See the item titled "Another kit working fine, keyboard USB-PS/2 problem solved".

Regards
David

Hi,

I thought that patch only applied to the USB->PS/2 keyboards...

... however, it seems to works for old-school keyboards as well :)

Thanks for the hint.
maten149

Return to PockeTerm General Discussion