anyone here who can help out with European supliers?

Discuss the new Altair 8800 Micro

anyone here who can help out with European supliers?

Postby no0207 » Nov Fri 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Think I need to unsolder the "examine" switch on my micro and to replace it with a new switch. However I am unclear about the matching order# of my local supplier (Germany: Reichelt). Anyone here could give me some guidance?
no0207

Re: anyone here who can help out with European supliers?

Postby no0207 » Nov Sat 10, 2012 12:05 pm

I checked what they have - there are similar parts available (the MS-500E-CL), but the contact pins geometry is not exactly the same - and I am not sure at all if the levers really look the same. So I will ask Vince if he can put some spare levers in my RAM-Drive parcel if I pay a little extra ;)
no0207

Postby Quaxo76 » Nov Mon 26, 2012 3:18 pm

This post reminds me of something I wanted to ask a while ago but then forgot.
In my Altair, the temporary switches (examine/examine next, deposit/deposit next, step) are not very good. They tend to get stuck quite easily in the "up" position, and sometimes also get stuck in the neutral position, so I have to "force" them if I want to move them. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue, and if there are some high-quality compatible replacements...

Cristian
Quaxo76

Postby elchucko » Nov Mon 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Not sure of the quality but a variety of mini toggle switches can be found on ebay.
elchucko

Postby vbriel » Nov Tue 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Well, my units are still holding up. What can happen is if the switches are soldered too hot, the casing around the posts can soften and cause issues. If anybody needs replacement switches, just email me and I'll just charge shipping and low price on parts.
vbriel
Site Admin

Return to Altair 8800 Micro