We will be unable to fill orders July 12-July 25th.

Discuss the new Altair 8800 Micro

We will be unable to fill orders July 12-July 25th.

Postby Oddzball » Jul Fri 17, 2015 1:56 am

Anyone hear from Mr Briel lately? I hope everything is OK, when I contacted Mr Briel about ordering a Altair Micro on the 20th of June I was advised if I ordered the unit would be shipped out within a week, so I ordered one on the 24th of June. After waiting around for about 2 weeks I sent out another email to see if it had shipped yet, because I had not received any verification that my order had been received or shipped. Still haven't gotten an email back from Mr Briel, which is odd, because he was pretty quick to reply the last time I emailed him.

Logged in to check the forums today and noticed this message "We will be unable to fill orders July 12-July 25th. Please email with any issues"

Has anyone else who ordered recently received anything? Should I be expecting a significant delay on my order?

Respectfully,

Owen

PS.

Also while I am here, can anyone recommend any good books for programming with Altair BASIC?
Oddzball

Re: We will be unable to fill orders July 12-July 25th.

Postby djones60 » Jul Fri 17, 2015 2:43 pm

The only thing I can tell you is to be VERY patient. You will get your kit. It just might take a while. Try touching base with him next month.
djones60

Postby Oddzball » Aug Mon 10, 2015 11:12 am

Still haven't heard anything from MR Briel, anyone have any news or had any contacts from him?
Oddzball

Postby Oddzball » Aug Thu 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Received my order this week. Very happy and impressed with the quality of the system.
Oddzball

Postby waltermixxx » Aug Thu 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Awesome, was it a built unit or kit?
either way do post pictures. :)

it's a lot of fun eh? :)

i hope you got the disk drive kit with it... :) adds another dimension :)

Congrats... :)
waltermixxx

Postby Oddzball » Aug Thu 27, 2015 11:30 pm

I got the Ramdrive with it. I requested the kit prebuilt. Looking at it I probably could have built it and kind of regret ordering it pre-assembled but Im not totally confident on my soldering ability.
Oddzball

Return to Altair 8800 Micro