SWTPcsbc 6809 was: Maybe a new kit coming soon

Vintage Events and off topic talk

Re: Maybe a new kit coming soon

Postby vbriel » May Mon 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Some progress today. I got the monitor to load a sector into RAM today, yeah. So the initial bootstrap mode almost works. It stops after that and returns to the monitor prompt so my code for end of the sector dump must be incorrectly reporting. I'll look into that. It may be working and the problem is somewhere else, don't know yet. Today is a holiday, so I'm probably going to quit soon and come back at it tomorrow.

So, as of right now, the disk emulation can load the first sector of track 00 into RAM using the stock code from the SBUG monitor program. I don't think I'll get stuck here for long, but who knows. At least it is progress.
vbriel
Site Admin

Re: SWTPcsbc 6809 was: Maybe a new kit coming soon

Postby vbriel » May Mon 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Ok, I had to take a quick peek at the Flex adaptation guide. I think the first 2 bytes are header bytes and get ignored. Can somebody who knows flex confirm this? If so, I think I just read 254 bytes and skip the first 2 from a sector. I can try it and see what happens, but probably not today.
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby danwerner » May Wed 30, 2012 10:46 am

Yes, the track and sector of the next data sector in the chain are stored in the first two bytes of each sector, the rest is data.
danwerner

Postby dbetz » Jun Thu 21, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Vince,

Someone just pointed me to your SWTPc 6800/6809 project and I have to say I'm really excited about this. I built one of the SWTPc 6800 systems back when they first came out and still have it along with a 6809 board that I bought for it later. I never got a floppy system working with it though so I did most of my work using an EEPROM programmer and a couple of EEPROM boards I bought for the SS-50 bus. I'd love to build your board once it becomes available! I'm glad someone finally decided to do something with the 6800/6809. There are lots of Z80 and 6502 systems out there but nothing for the 6809 other than the CoCo. I'm looking forward to your project!

Thanks,
David

P.S. If you need any help on the Propeller side I'd be happy to volunteer. I've done quite a bit of Propeller work lately as part of the Parallax Propeller GCC project that just went into beta release. I've done Spin, PASM, and C work for the Propeller.
dbetz

Postby vbriel » Jun Thu 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Hey David,

Yeah, I'm stuck on the Propeller side of the disk controller. I have more to do but I have been busy as of late. I can get the SBUG monitor to load the 1st sector of track 1 but then it just returns to the monitor prompt. It never attempts to run that code or load another sector into memory. I still have much more work to do on that. Once that is going and Flex loads and runs, the remaining fixes are easy. Feel free to contact me at vbriel@yahoo.com and I can go over what I have working.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby dbetz » Jun Thu 21, 2012 9:09 pm

vbriel wrote:Feel free to contact me at vbriel@yahoo.com and I can go over what I have working.

You have mail!
dbetz

Postby galaga » Jun Thu 28, 2012 3:31 am

galaga

Postby dbetz » Aug Tue 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Vince,

Kansas Fest is over now. Have you resumed work on the SWTPc 6809 kit? I'm looking forward to it! :-)
dbetz

Previous

Return to Venues, projects and off topic stuff - NO SPAM