Maker Faire May 19th and 20th

Vintage Events and off topic talk

Maker Faire May 19th and 20th

Postby vbriel » Apr Tue 17, 2012 11:33 am

The Maker Faire in the Bay area is May 19th and 20th. We should be there unless there are any personal reasons why I can't go. This will be my first Maker Faire! Can't wait to see everything.
vbriel
Site Admin

Re: Maker Faire May 19th and 20th

Postby cheese1113 » Apr Sun 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey Vince! My goodness it's been a long time since I've logged on! I will be at Maker Faire this year as well. Looking forward to FINALLY meeting you!

Max
Max Wooden
cheese1113

Postby vbriel » May Fri 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Well, after a 9 hour drive, I got here, got my room and got my display mostly ready. I really need to upgrade the look of my exhibit, maybe next year. I did get to stop by Jameco and meet my sales rep. Many of the components in the kits come from Jameco.

I'll see if I can find time to take some pics tomorrow. The event is so huge, at least 100,000 people expected to pass through. Really fun looking expo.
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby vbriel » May Mon 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Wow, what a weekend! The talk was 100,000 people there for Maker Faire and I don't doubt it for one minute. Just an incredible show. I talked to people from 9AM until 8PM on Saturday and 9AM until 6PM on Sunday. My voice is gone, but what a great crowd! I was in one of the 2 indoor buildings and the outside show was bigger than the inside. Here's a snapshot from near my table inside. You can only see about 1/16 of the building inside. There was more electronic kits there than I've ever seen. Really a great time.

Observe the ATMEL booth on the right side of the picture. One of those guys come up on Sunday to make sure I got an ATMEL bag and we talked for a while. Great company. This picture was taken Sunday afternoon about 4:30 with only an 1 1/2 hours left in the show. This was the lightest crowd point during the whole weekend. This was my only opportunity to take a quick picture inside. Next year, I'll have to recruit help, I'll be looking for volunteers to help out if anybody would be interested that knows any of my kits at all (or just wants to help out).

Who else was lucky enough to make it there?
vbriel
Site Admin

Return to Venues, projects and off topic stuff - NO SPAM