80 Column version by Michael Kent

The Apple ][ MP3 board

80 Column version by Michael Kent

Postby vbriel » Aug Fri 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Michael Kent sent this modified version of my code to me. It is zipped up and the files are included. I haven't tried it yet, but as soon as I get my platinum up and running, I'll give it a go.

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/mvkmp3.zip
vbriel
Site Admin

Re: 80 Column version by Michael Kent

Postby Littlejohn » Aug Thu 11, 2011 3:03 pm

I tried this revised program out on my ROM 1 GS and although the layout is improved, it only plays the first few seconds of a song and skips to the next like the original program did before we added the extra code to it.
Littlejohn

Postby mkent » Aug Thu 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Littlejohn wrote:

I tried this revised program out on my ROM 1 GS and although the layout is improved, it only plays the first few seconds of a song and skips to the next like the original program did before we added the extra code to it.

The extra code posted on the other page doesn't work (for me), so I removed it from the version I sent Vince. It acted exactly like you describe, even with the extra code.

I've since got some test code that works (for me) every time. You can boot into GS/OS and double-click on the Applesoft program, and it plays perfectly.

I had to modify the machine-language code to do that, and the combination Applesoft / machine code is a mess. I need to clean it up before I distribute it, but distribute it I shall.

Mike
mkent

Postby mkent » Aug Fri 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I should add that both Vince's original and my modified versions work fine on a GS when the system speed is set to "normal" (1 MHz) and the computer is booted directly into ProDOS. My version should also work fine on any 1 MHz Apple II that supports 80 columns and lower case, but I've only tested it on my ROM 01 IIgs.

MIke
mkent

Return to A2MP3