Making a case for the Replica I

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

Making a case for the Replica I

Postby castiglione » Sep Thu 06, 2012 1:15 am

I'd like to make a case for the Replica I. Nothing fancy; just a wooden box, really.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when doing this? Can I just screw the PCB to the wooden base? Is heating/cooling an issue?

Thanks in advance!
castiglione

Re: Making a case for the Replica I

Postby tranter » Sep Thu 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Use some kind of standoffs to raise it up off the base and provide some openings for ventilation and it should be fine. Are you going to provide clear and reset switches on the outside of the case? Are you going to allow for installing a card in the expansion slot?
tranter

Re: Making a case for the Replica I

Postby castiglione » Sep Sat 08, 2012 8:32 pm

tranter wrote:Use some kind of standoffs to raise it up off the base and provide some openings for ventilation and it should be fine. Are you going to provide clear and reset switches on the outside of the case? Are you going to allow for installing a card in the expansion slot?

I was planning making things as simple as possible using "off the shelf" bits. I was thinking in terms of using a cube wooden box, hinged at the top (sort of like a cigar box), so clear and reset switches on the PCB would be accessible. Hopefully, the box would be roomy enough to contain an expansion slot.
castiglione

Return to Creation Room