apple II plus case

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

apple II plus case

Postby mfortuna » Feb Wed 06, 2008 2:39 pm

I picked up an apple II plus on ebay with plans on using it as a case, power supply, and keyboard for my replica 1. I was a little annoyed to find two broken key switches from the unit being shipped with the floppy drives sitting on the keyboard. I had an old Apple IIe keyboard lying around and I was able to use it as a source of replacement key switches.

The problem is this II+ works great so now I'm hesitant to use it as a case for my replica 1. The keyboard works fine but I didn't try it with my replica 1.

Mike
mfortuna

Postby vbriel » Feb Wed 06, 2008 10:34 pm

I would say don't ruin a good IIplus, but then again, the IIplus was my first computer that I owned (still have today).

I wrote a IIe encoder firmware a while back that uses a ATMEGA8515 microcontroller but there wasn't enough interest in making adapter boards. I might be able to pull that project out of mothballs and look at it again.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby mfortuna » Mar Sun 23, 2008 11:07 am

As Britney Spears sang, Whoops I did it again. I bought a broken II+ and after replacing a broken d0 PROM with a 2732 and dead-bugged inverter (the 9316 and 2732 use different polarity on pin 18) and adjusting the floppy drive I now have another working II+.

At this rate I'll never have a case for my Replica.

Mike
mfortuna

Return to Creation Room