Apple II-style audio

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

Apple II-style audio

Postby cowgod » May Wed 07, 2008 1:04 am

I built an Apple II-like audio circuit for my replica a few months back and never got around to posting about it here. Since its been posted up on A2Central I figured its time to start a thread about it. :)

I've got a page up on my web site about it: http://cowgod.org/replica1/replica1-sound.html

Its basically the audio circuit from the Apple II plus a couple of 74LS688's for address decoding.

Tom
cowgod

Re: Apple II-style audio

Postby palbeda » Mar Tue 06, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Cowgod,

Your post is four years old, but maybe you are still there somewhere?
I built this card for the Apple I and enjoy this design. I played quite some time with Electric Duet on the Apple II.

Do you still have the other Electric Duet files somewhere online??

By the way, your software also works fine with the ACI hardware!

Another nice project would be to create a S.A.M. card for the Apple 1 and port the Software Automatic Mouth software!
The hardware is very simple!

Best regards,

Peter
palbeda

Postby wmmullaney » May Thu 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Peter,

As far as I know cowgod is still around, but here is the link just in case: http://cowgod.org/replica1/songs/

They are the rest of the common songs for ED that he so kindly converted for me a year ago.

If you have the expertise needed, I would love to start porting SAM to the replica 1. Cowgod's hardware should work. See my post in general discussion if you can help :wink:

Will
Adventures with the 6502 - Retro computing from a highschooler's perspective.
wmmullaney

Postby Corey986 » Aug Sat 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Well apple-II sound will be easy with Vince's new ACI. I have been using my Willegal Apple-1 ACI for a while now for audio. You just need to calibrate to the replica-1's speed and use the flip-flop address in the ACI instead of the apple II one. The flip flop is at $c000

Note: you need a microphone pre-amp or an audio buffer as its not even line level but Mic level output.

Cheers,
Corey
Corey986

Return to Creation Room