Connecting Replica 1 to Apple II+

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

Connecting Replica 1 to Apple II+

Postby scelbi8h » Jun Sat 28, 2008 9:50 am

Hello! Some months ago I purchased an Apple II Europlus, with Super Serial Card, and I was thinking if it would be possible to store Apple 1 programs in this computer (using apple II as terminal).

And another possibility... maybe it would be possible to load Apple 1 tapes at Apple II and transfer them? (cassete speed and format is the same in both computers, I think) and at the opposite way?

It would be great to do this :)
scelbi8h

Postby vbriel » Jun Sat 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes, it sure would be possible. You need a terminal program for the II but I can't think of any right off hand, maybe somebody else knows a program they have used?

Since the serial port of the replica 1 is really just sending keystrokes and reading data going to the video you can't send files in xmodem or anything like that. Sending data to the serial port on the replica 1 appears to the replica 1 as a keystroke so it is like typing in a program.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby bugman » Jul Thu 10, 2008 4:52 pm

I use modem MGR. It is a nice package and runs fine on a II+. I use it on my II+ to commincate with my Micro-Kim and send/recieve text files (for paper tape save/load). It has great buffer capture and text editing features. It is also well documented. If you need help finding it, let me know. But I found it easily through internet searches.
bugman

Re: Connecting Replica 1 to Apple II+

Postby martindec » Jan Wed 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi

I have tried today to connect my Replica to an Apple IIc with Modem MGR. The main issue is that the Carriage Return (CR) is not followed by a Linefeed (LF) on the Replica. I did not find any place in the Modem MGR where I could add it (Option "Send LF" does not help). Does anyone know how to handle this? I am planning to show this setup on our next VintageBytes.CH event and any support/alternative would be very welcome.

Regards,
Martin
martindec

Return to Creation Room