Replica 1 extensions

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

Replica 1 extensions

Postby Kallikak » Aug Mon 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Well I have just finished building all the extra bits and pieces I use with my Replica 1 onto a single board. It gives me regulated power with a switch and LED (I have a pre-SE model), sound (using the approach described here http://cowgod.org/replica1/replica1-sound.html), fast serial (as described on these forums by fsastrom), 512K of Flash memory in 32 banks (software switchable), an IRQ interrupt button and 8 leds for blinkenlights. :)

I have updated the Woz Monitor, BASIC and KRUSADER to use the fast serial in conjunction with normal I/O out, but I haven't yet written the code to allow writing to the FLASH ROM - I've been cheating and burning it externally. However, it's not going to be that hard - the block size is only 256 bytes. I have 4 weeks of leave, so I have time now to get the software sorted out. Also want to put in the ROM various "standard" routines for music and sound, and additional features for KRUSADER (like save and load, breakpoints for the mini-monitor etc).

I had the board professionally made, so it all looks very nice. Now I can get rid of the couple of daggy proto-boards I have had attached and also the two breadboards I've been using for testing can move onto other projects.

I'll put some pictures up on the KRUSADER page shortly, as well as the circuit and board files in case anyone is interested.

Ken
Kallikak

Re: Replica 1 extensions

Postby hanso » Aug Wed 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Kallikak wrote:I'll put some pictures up on the KRUSADER page shortly, as well as the circuit and board files in case anyone is interested.

Ken

I am interested!
hanso

Postby Kallikak » Aug Sun 16, 2009 7:44 am

OK. I have put up a little write-up at http://school.anhb.uwa.edu.au/personalp ... sions.html

There's also a link from the KRUSADER page.

If anyone wants the schematic and board source in Eagle format or has any other questions or comments, just get in touch. I have 4 spare boards as well (minimum lot was 4 and for some reason they sent me 5...).

Ken
Kallikak

Return to Creation Room