*** Ultimate Apple 1 software collection ***

Discuss software for the Apple 1/replica 1

*** Ultimate Apple 1 software collection ***

Postby nama » May Tue 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi all,
I have temporarily put my collection of Apple 1 software (in CFFA1 .po format) on my iDisk site. iDisk is a Apple service that will be transitioning to iCloud and will soon disappear. I have spoken to Bill over at CallAPPLE.org where it will find a permanent home once he sorts out some server issues.

To my best knowledge this image contains every piece of software presently available for the Apple 1. If you think I am missing something please let me know, and I will add it to the list. Would be great to find more stuff.

For those lucky enough to have a real CFFA1 card then this .po file can be copied to a CF card (anything bigger than 32mb should work) using Ciderpress software. For those with an Apple Macintosh computer, you can use the great 'Open Emulator' software with CFFA1 emulation to load the .po image. It may even be possible to use Ciderpress to extract specific files and load them into the Apple 1 (or Apple 1 clone/replica) via a serial connection, although I have not tried anything like this yet.

The file is called 'ULTIMATE APPLE1 CFFA 2.5.po' and information on it can be found here:

http://www.neoncluster.com/projects-app ... ua1sc.html

The image contains the following files and directories:

BASIC/
FRACTOLOIDS
CHECKERS
AMAZING
BOWLING
BUZZWORD
COLUMN
CONCENTRATION
CRAPS
DEAL
ELIZA
GOMOKU
HAMMURABI
QUEEN
SLOTS
STARTREK
STARTREK2003
SODOKU
WORDSEARCH
HANGMAN
HURKLE
LABYRINTH
WUMPUS
ACEYDUCEY
BATNUM
BLACKJACK
CHEMIST
MATCHES
MATRIX
NICOMA
NUMBERS
RESISTOR
REVERSE
ROCKPAPERSCISSORS
SQUARES
TICTACTOE
WORD
PRIMEFINDER
INTEGER.MATH
LUNERLANDER
STOPWATCH
GETKEY
FOOTBALL

LANGS/
BASIC
FIGFORTH110
KRUSADER1.2
KRUSADER1.3
VOLKSFORTH
EBASIC110 (fixed version)
EBASIC110U (Uppercase and fixed version)
EBASIC222
EBASIC222U (Uppercase version)
A1ASSEMBLER V1 7000
A1ASSEMBLER V1 E000
2K SYMBOLIC ASSEMBLER
DISASSEMBLER
APPLESOFT.LITE
ULTRFORTH83
MICROSOFTBASIC (OSI)
JMON

UTILS/
TEST
CFFA1D31.BIN
FLASH.BIN
MONITOR
MEMORY TEST

MCODE/
HELLOWORLD
ADVENTURE
CODEBREAKER
HUNDRED.474
LIFE
LITTLETOWER
LUNERLANDER
MASTERMIND
PASART
CELLULAR
APPLE30TH
MICROCHESS1
MICROCHESS2
NIM
TYPINGTUTOR

FORTH/
(directory contains David Schmenk's forth. Has issues running on Obtronix clone)

ASOFT/
APPLESOFT
LEMONADE (needs LOMEM raised to load)

MSBAS/
MICROSOFTBASIC (OSI)
CLUE (I have yet to work out how to load this back in MSBASIC)
PRIME (I have yet to work out how to load this back in MSBASIC)
MATH.TUTOR (I have yet to work out how to load this back in MSBASIC)
TEMPERATURE (I have yet to work out how to load this back in MSBASIC)

n.b.
• Because of certain naming limitations when saving programs using CFFA1, some of the names in this list may not accurately represent the actual names seen in the Apple 1 directories.
• In the case where the launch address of a program differs from the load address, then the launch address is included in the file name to make things easier. e.g. NIM.4AFR where the program loads at 300 but launches at address 4AF
• BASIC, ASOFT, MSBAS directories contain programs written in those languages, but also contain the language themselves. This saves time when loading as switching directories is not needed.
• I have not yet figured out how to reload programs saved in MSBASIC. This may be a memory related issue but I don't believe MS basic had LOMEM/HIMEM commands to shuffle things around.

It's taken quite a bit of searching, emailing and general harassment to get everything ready, so I really hope you all find this collection useful and entertaining.
Finally, I want to thank all the people who have written, compiled, stored, typed in and converted these programs to work on the Apple 1. Unfortunately there are just too many names to mention here. Thank you all.

Cheers

Philip
Last edited by nama on Jul Sat 13, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
nama

Re: *** Ultimate Apple 1 software collection ***

Postby nama » Jul Sat 13, 2013 9:38 am

The 'Ultimate Apple 1 Software collection hits version 3.3' with the addition of Volksforth 3.8

http://www.neoncluster.com/projects-app ... ua1sc.html

Philip
nama

Return to Software