Krusader 1.3 released

Discuss software for the Apple 1/replica 1

Krusader 1.3 released

Postby Kallikak » Dec Sun 23, 2007 7:35 pm

As promised - Krusader 1.3 is now available for download from my website.

I strongly recommend upgrading your ROM to this new version since the additional command giving access to the Woz monitor from the mini-monitor is extremely useful when writing and debugging assembly code.

Ken
Kallikak

Postby Fippy » Jan Sun 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Hello Ken,

I don't seem to have the mini-monitor that you refer to in chapter 7 of the Krusader manual.

I have the Replica 1 TE (I don't know how to get the ROM Version?) with Krusader 1.3.

IRQBRK at $FFFE is not set to $FE0A as you state, it points to $0001, and when I run the test program you give for using BRK to drop to the mini monitor, it just hangs at the JSR (not surprisingly). Do I have a different ROM to you I wonder? I was puzzled when I read Chapter 7 anyway, since I didn't think IRQ's were used on the Replica 1.

Thanks,
Fippy.
Fippy

Postby vbriel » Feb Mon 01, 2010 12:04 am

The break point actually points to 100 in memory and was need for the CFFA1, I think. If this is a problem, you can have your ROM reprogrammed for no cost.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby Kallikak » Feb Mon 01, 2010 4:34 am

An earlier thread has some discussion of this problem:
http://www.brielcomputers.com/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=333

Basically, the mini-monitor needs the IRQ vector set to the correct address - and that address is certainly not $100. As described in the above thread, you can put a JMP $xxxx there (where $xxxx is the appropriate mini-monitor entry point for your version of Krusader). However, $100 is at the bottom of the stack, so anything you put there can be overwritten by a program at any time. It's not even safe because it is the bottom since the Woz monitor doesn't reset the stack pointer to the top on startup.

I can't think of any reason to have an IRQ/BRK jump into the stack.

Ken

p.s. I can help identify the correct address if necessary, but would recommend simply burning new ROMs using the code from my website.
Kallikak

Postby vbriel » Feb Mon 01, 2010 8:07 am

You know what's funny about this Ken, I used the original vectors from the manual. Now looking back at these, IRQ should be $0000. I don't know how/why it got changed. You have it at $FE14, from the revision I have. I know if the CFFA get's into trouble it will use IRQ, but it is only for odd issues, I'll have to ask Rich.

I'll start programming it with the vectors you setup. If anybody needs their ROM reprogrammed, just email me.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby Kallikak » Feb Mon 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Well, it's better at $100 than $0, since at least we can put a JMP in and have a reasonable chance of it hanging around. :-)

BTW, $FE14 is the correct for Kruader 1.3. Prior to this version, I left the Woz montor code unchanged - the only change higher than $FF00 being this single vector. However, to support calling the monitor from the Krusader shell and the mini-monitor I had to make quite a few changes to the Woz monitor. None of the entry points changed, so there is no impact on software.

The version that works with my extensions board has quite a number of changes, since it has switchable support for the ACIA.

Ken
Kallikak

Return to Software