Assembler available for download

Discuss software for the Apple 1/replica 1

Assembler available for download

Postby Kallikak » May Sun 28, 2006 4:17 am

Hi,

I have made my assembler available for download from http://school.anhb.uwa.edu.au/personalpages/kwessen/apple1/Krusader.htm.

I have used it to develop assembly language programs of over 300 lines now, without problem. (Or more accurately, I have fixed the problems this use uncovered. :-) )

Please give it a try. Source for Mastermind by Woz, as well as for Nim and the 100 game I have posted here is included, as well as a detailed user manual.

BASIC is fine, but it's a thrill to program a Replica 1 in its native language. You should give it a try! :-)

Ken
Kallikak

Postby vbriel » Jun Fri 16, 2006 7:33 am

Krusader is an excellent assembler for the replica 1. Being able to assemble software right on the replica 1 makes programming 6502 code that much more fun.

I've talked with Ken and Krusader is going to be included on the EEPROM with the replica 1 SE. It will be stored in the unused space from $F000-$FEFF. If you want Krusader stored on EEPROM, just send me your EEPROM with return postage and I'll be happy to program it for you. The easiest way would be to build the EEPROM circuit I described in another thred and program it yourself.

Thanks Ken for a great piece of software.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby Kallikak » Aug Mon 28, 2006 7:24 am

I just wanted to let anyone interested know that I've just uploaded a major new release of the Krusader assembler. Version 1.2 includes support for the 65C02 (as found in nearly all Replica 1s), and best of all now comes with a minimonitor for viewing and changing register contents and single stepping through assembled code. I reckon this now qualifies it as a fully-fledged Integrated Development Environment! :) See the updated manual for full details and a sample session.

And it *still* fits inside the 3840 spare bytes of Replica 1 ROM! :)

Ken
Kallikak

Postby hanso » Oct Tue 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Great to see the source of Krusader to be included!

Can anyone (Ken?) advise me what macro assembler to compile Krusader with? I like to adapt it to the Micro-KIM. A perfect tool!

Hans
hanso

Postby Kallikak » Oct Wed 03, 2007 3:03 am

I use the assembler/simulator by Michal Kowalski that can be found at http://home.pacbell.net/michal_k/6502.html

Ken
Kallikak

Postby fsafstrom » Oct Fri 19, 2007 1:26 am

By the way...

Can the assembler/simulator by Michal Kowalski be used in a command line fashion ?

All I want to do is to pass the file name and have compile it into a Intel Hex file.
If there are any errors, just dump it to the console or log it to a log file...
fsafstrom

Return to Software