CFFA1 video shows fast loading of programs

Talk about your replica, what you have done and what you use it for

CFFA1 video shows fast loading of programs

Postby vbriel » Dec Fri 29, 2006 11:49 pm

I decided to attach an old video capture board of mine and create a small video of the CFFA1 in action. I just did a short clip showing how to start the CFFA at 9003 and when you finish loading a basic program and exit it drops you right into basic with the program loaded. Starting at 9000 lets you drop out of the CFFA back into the monitor.

The video also shows how to do a catalog, load a BASIC program and how to load a machine language program. No audio.

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/cffa1.avi

Maybe somebody with better skills can compress this better. Also, the quality sucks and my video capture board isn't the best.

Let me know what you think.
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby daustin777 » Dec Sat 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Very cool. I can't wait to get the CFFA1 and the expansion board.

-David
daustin777

Postby J. Calhoun » Jan Sat 13, 2007 4:23 am

Can you write to the CFFA1 from the Replica I?

That is can I start writing code, create a new file on the CFFA1 and save to it? I would like to be able to shut down and start back in on a saved project at a later date.
J. Calhoun

Postby vbriel » Jan Sat 13, 2007 9:39 am

Yes, absolutely. You can format a MSDOS CF card right on the CFFA1 card. You can write your program, jump into the CFFA menu at 9000 and save your program (basic or machine language). You don't need any outside PC's or anything.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

CFFA1

Postby rdreher1 » Feb Sat 03, 2007 6:20 pm

Although, I know what Vince meant by "You can format a MSDOS CF card".
I thought that others might get confused by this comment. Just so there is no confusion let me add... You can take one of your old MSDOS formatted CF cards and reformat it in your Apple1/CFFA1 with a ProDOS file system. Then the CF card will be readable in your Apple1 and Apple ][ if you have a CFFA (for apple //) card.

Hope this makes it clear.

Thanks,
Rich Dreher
rdreher1

Return to replica 1 General Discussion