Replica 1 Case(s)

What have you built or do you want to design to go with your replica 1

Replica 1 Case(s)

Postby jrobert » Jun Wed 09, 2010 12:36 pm

has anyone out there done some work or found some work on a case for the Replica1? Vinces clear case is pretty awesome but I was hoping to find something a little closer to authentic looking. Wood would be cool or even plastic, similar to the later Apple IIs?

Anyone?
jrobert

Re: Replica 1 Case(s)

Postby George » Aug Tue 03, 2010 4:40 pm

When my kit arrives, I'm intending on making an an authentic wooden case, but having the monitor enclosed in the case as well (a 15 inch CRT)
It won't be totally authentic but it should look quite retro and fitting! I don't know of anyone who sells or manufactures cases for them, but a trip to your local hardware store should sort you out, come back with some wood, nails, glue!
George

Postby scelbi8h » Nov Thu 04, 2010 4:26 pm

4 years ago, I made a wooden case, inspired on a design I saw at "Back to the garage" book. I don't remember now the owner's name of that computer...

Here it is:

It includes main board, an ATX power supply I can turn ON/OFF from a switch at the front panel, and a Franklin Ace computer ASCII keyboard.

It was 2006... I told to myself I had to paint it or cover with a protective layer, but it still looks the same :mrgreen:
scelbi8h

Postby nama » Nov Mon 08, 2010 6:04 am

I put mine in a cheap camera case:

nama

Postby brianvacha » Nov Mon 08, 2010 2:31 pm

:D For some reason I really like that, the simplicity and being able to see everything.
brianvacha

Postby nama » Nov Wed 10, 2010 1:22 am

I think the only things I have changed since I took this photo is to mount the keyboard much higher in the case and also added a CFFA1 card.
Everything fit perfectly into this case, and although it looks very basic, it was a actually a lot of work to keep everything simple and clean.

Being able to see the board was one of my goals. It has been described by many as being the most beautiful motherboard ever created, so it seemed a shame to hide it.
nama

Return to Creation Room