Parts shortage forces rev 3 replica 1TE

Talk about your replica, what you have done and what you use it for

Parts shortage forces rev 3 replica 1TE

Postby vbriel » Jul Thu 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Due to the lack of availability of 44 edge card slots without tabs a revision 3 was forced upon us. I just couldn't stand to ship kits with the slot tabs cut off. So, the edge connector was center a little more and the switch was updated with a SPST type like the original replica 1. To adjust to having only a SPST instead of a DPDT switch, the ATX connection will now be powered on/off from your power supply. So, if you plan to use an ATX power supply, you will need one with a switch on it. Very common to find and it made things much better on the replica 1.

I also updated the voltage regulators so they are laying down and will now bolt down to the board for sinking heat. I wouldn't run anything above 9V for the input voltage. Lastly, I updated the keyboard connector so it now has a shielded version.

That's all the changes, minor but enough that it required a revision.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Re: Parts shortage forces rev 3 replica 1TE

Postby Soupwizard » Aug Wed 04, 2010 3:55 am

I still have my rev 1 TE kit unbuilt - do you have a list of all differences between the v1, v2, and v3 kits? I might as well bring my kit up to the latest version when I built it.

thanks,
Jeff
Soupwizard

Re: Parts shortage forces rev 3 replica 1TE

Postby vbriel » Aug Wed 04, 2010 6:10 am

To small of a difference to justify. I moved the 44 pin slot up a little so that I could use the slots that have ears on each side. rev 1-2 was a typo on the silkscreen. Major revisions I change the lettering after the name. I doubt there will be a need for a fourth edition.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Return to replica 1 General Discussion