Assembling the MicroKim Expansion board

Talk about your Micro-KIM

Assembling the MicroKim Expansion board

Postby cappy2112 » Apr Tue 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Would someone post a BIG, clear JPG image of the assembled Expansion board (without the daughter cards connected),
as well as a JPG with the Expansion board connected to the MicroKim, with at least 1 daughter card?

I was about to solder it tonight, but I don't know where the female connector should get mounted, in relation to the male headers.

Maybe it doesn't matter, since all the connectors are just bussed.
I would like to follow the same convention as others have though, at least for the sake of appearance if not for function.

The 4 caps are missing from my kit. Would you also post the cap values, and composition (ceramic, tantalum , electrolytic...)?

April 14th- so many view of this message, but no replies.
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF THE BOARD & THE INFO ON THE CAPACITORS????

Thanks!
cappy2112

Re: Assembling the MicroKim Expansion board

Postby scelbi8h » Apr Fri 17, 2015 10:08 am

Well, I don't have that board, but looked for images at Google.

Captura de pantalla 2015-04-17 a las 16.59.12.png
Captura de pantalla 2015-04-17 a las 16.59.12.png (436.65 KiB) Viewed 9976 times

Here you have the expansion board. Female connector is placed at the rear and the four male ones at the front. Pay attention to those texts written on the board surface, they must be aligned with the computer on-board texts, not upside down - if you place the KIM in front of you this board must be at the position of the picture, hiding part of the uKIM, because it's going to be over it.

About capacitors, I guess they are standart 0.1uF ceramic ones (code 104), to avoid electric noise from the connected card.

Expansion cards are connected with the component face looking at your right side.

Sorry for my bad english. Hope that was helpful.
scelbi8h

Re: Assembling the MicroKim Expansion board

Postby cappy2112 » Apr Fri 17, 2015 11:58 am

scelbi8h wrote:Well, I don't have that board, but looked for images at Google.

Captura de pantalla 2015-04-17 a las 16.59.12.png

Here you have the expansion board. Female connector is placed at the rear and the four male ones at the front. Pay attention to those texts written on the board surface, they must be aligned with the computer on-board texts, not upside down - if you place the KIM in front of you this board must be at the position of the picture, hiding part of the uKIM, because it's going to be over it.

About capacitors, I guess they are standart 0.1uF ceramic ones (code 104), to avoid electric noise from the connected card.

Expansion cards are connected with the component face looking at your right side.

Sorry for my bad english. Hope that was helpful.

Thanks. Googling for images of this obscure board didn't even occur to me.
Thanks!
cappy2112

Return to Micro-KIM General Discussion