MicroKIM manual error

Discuss problems with your Micro-KIM here

MicroKIM manual error

Postby daustin777 » Aug Sun 26, 2007 10:04 pm

I found a sentence in the manual that was incorrect. It's in the Paper Tape section.

On the Micro-KIM press Q and your
program will dump onto the display in a compressed format and Hyper Terminal will be capturing the text into
your file.

In my opinion it should say In the Hyper-Terminal, press Q and your program will dump onto the display in a compressed format and Hyper Terminal will be capturing the text into
your file.
--David Austin-- replica 1 se, CFFA1, MicroKIM, [kits]
daustin777

Postby vbriel » Aug Mon 27, 2007 6:15 am

Thanks, I'll get that changed. This brings up a good topic on errors. I read through the manual and didn't find errors, but if somebody finds one, let me know here or via email and I'll update the manual. Next month I'll have an updated version available online with the error fixes and anything else that should be in there.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby Charly » Aug Mon 27, 2007 3:12 pm

Not really an error, but it could be confusing a little bit:
The next capacitor is a 1uF capacitor and just has a 1 on it. Treat it the same as the other capacitors
(Page 13)
In fact, this capacitor is polarized and it can not be put in either direction...
Charly
Charly

Postby vbriel » Sep Sun 16, 2007 9:12 am

The manual is updated to version 1.1 and the changes have been made. Thanks for the help guys. Also, the balance of the system code was missing at the end of the manual! You can now download the current manual with the changes here:

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/mkman1.pdf

Let me know if you find anything else.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting