Ordered Pocket Term Kit

Talk about the PockeTerm, updates, and uses

Ordered Pocket Term Kit

Postby Compututor » Aug Wed 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello all. I have just ordered the Pocket Term Kit to interface with the N8VEM z80 SBC. I look forward to building both.

Dave
Compututor

Re: Ordered Pocket Term Kit

Postby Compututor » Aug Wed 18, 2010 3:57 pm

For those interested, here are a couple of pic's that show my small workspace and test equipment that will aid in building and troubleshooting problems if encountered.

Compututor

Postby Compututor » Aug Tue 31, 2010 12:45 am

Kit came in today, all parts were there except the DB9 connectors. Have some Military grade DB9's so no problem.
Put the kit together, no problems, fired right up and works great.
Compututor

Postby vbriel » Aug Tue 31, 2010 6:23 am

I don't know how those got missed, sorry. The pocketerm is a great little kit with a very high success rate for building.
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby Compututor » Aug Tue 31, 2010 5:12 pm

Shoot, that is an awesome kit, i dont know how you figured out the code for that chip.
I think next up might be the Replica 1.

Cheers.

Dave
Compututor

Postby atreubig » Sep Fri 03, 2010 9:23 am

I had ordered a Pocket Term board to use with the N8VEM also. I did that as opposed to the kit because I had most of the parts except for the resistors for the VGA output. I assembled it and found that a VGA connector I had stripped off of an old VGA ISA card fit exactly. This saved me from ordering the recommended one from Surplus Sales. I already had a Propeller chip and a prop plug. Although, you can probably program it thru the serial port on the terminal. The Pocket Term works great. My next thing is to modify it to emulate an old Heath H-19 (VT-52) terminal.

Aug
atreubig

Return to PockeTerm General Discussion