No serial input

Get help here getting your replica 1 going

No serial input

Postby Dav1dr4y » Jan Fri 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,
I just got my Replica I mostly working but still have a problem. The composite display and the PS/2 keyboard is working fine. Serial output is working, so I can type on my PS/2 keyboard and see the keystrokes and output on my serial display (and the composite). But, the serial input does not work. I tried both my PockeTerm and Hyperterminal.

With my logic prob I figured out that the serial input characters are making it all the way to the Propeller pin 39. But apparently the Propeller is not forwarding them to the processor. I suppose the Propeller code has some logic for that and maybe some signal is not right. I will try to track that down but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Dav1dr4y

Re: No serial input

Postby Dav1dr4y » Jan Sat 14, 2012 11:14 am

Ok. I am glad I figured this out before anyone pointed it out. I did not have CAPS LOCK pressed on my PC. The Replica I sets CAPS LOCK on the PS/2 keyboard for you so that worked for me. You have to do this yourself in Hyperterm or on the PockeTerm.

The Replica I, just like the Apple I, as I understand it, ignores any non-CAPS letters.

One remaining problem. On the PockeTerm terminal I do not get any linefeeds. Even if I set CR W/LF to Yes I still do not get linefeeds.

/David
Dav1dr4y

Re: No serial input

Postby Dav1dr4y » Jan Sat 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Well, I figured out the lack linefeed on PockeTerm issue too. The F6 CR / LF option on v.905 of the PockeTerm firmware adds a LF to CR out to the host but it does not add a LF to CR coming from the host. For the Replica I we need LF added to CR from the host but not going out.

I made a modified firmware for PockeTerm that adds a F7 option for this purpose. F6 still toggles outgoing LF addition and F7 toggles LF addition for incoming CRs.

If anyone is interested in the firmware let me know here or via PM. I can make it available.

/David
Dav1dr4y

Return to Troubleshooting