Krusader source listings

Discuss software for the Apple 1/replica 1

Krusader source listings

Postby jeffmc » Feb Fri 02, 2007 12:50 am

I wonder if anyone who uses Krusader can make a suggestion here. I cannot find a good way to save source code from Krusader. If I use "L" to list the source code, and then copy and paste it into a text file (I am using ZTerm on OS X), then it is copied with extra spaces in it and line numbers. This means some heavy cleanup is required to make it "pasteable" back into Krusader.

Is there a better way to store source code from Krusader so it can be pasted in again?

Thanks,

Jeff
jeffmc

Postby Kallikak » Feb Fri 02, 2007 5:33 pm

I'd suggest running the source through the tokeniser utility since it is much more tolerant with respect to format, and then upload as binary.

A good while ago, someone from this forum contacted me about his plan to write an editor for Krusader source files that would cater for converting to and from the required text and binary formats. The Tokeniser source code is provided so it wouldn't be too hard. Haven't heard anything further though, so there's an open and useful project if anyone is interested.

If there is a real need, I can also put something together. It's pleasing to see the use of Krusader increasing, and I haven't needed to fix any bugs for a long time, so I'm not really working on it at all at the moment. The thing I'd really like is to get the 65C02 version to have the single-stepping capability in the mini-monitor (and so be feature consistent with the 6502 version) but that will really require some heavy duty code squishing! :?

Ken
Kallikak

Postby Kallikak » Feb Fri 02, 2007 10:51 pm

I remember now who was going to do the editor, so, daustin777, if you're reading this, can you give us an update? :-)
Kallikak

Postby daustin777 » Feb Fri 02, 2007 11:41 pm

Unfortunately, I've started but haven't gotten too far. I've been very busy with work for the past 6 weeks or so. I'm hoping to make some progress this Sunday. I'll update y'all if I do.

-Dave
--David Austin-- replica 1 se, CFFA1, MicroKIM, [kits]
daustin777

Postby jeffmc » Feb Mon 05, 2007 12:51 am

Thanks for the tip, Ken. I managed to get this working after a little trouble. I was pasting my source files into OSX TextEdit, and the tokenised output was missing a lot of lines of source. It turns out that TextEdit terminates each line with ^M which is what was casuing the grief. I started using vi for source files and it works a lot better.

The editor sounds handy, but meanwhile I am tempted to make a couple of changes to the tokeniser. Since I copy the source files out of Krusader, I think I might modify the tokeniser to strip the line numbers. Also, I am thinking of modifying it to output to the screen as hex so that I don't have to open the binary in HexEdit. I think those should both be simple hacks, and I will post them if I get around to making those changes.

Thanks,

Jeff
jeffmc

Postby Kallikak » Feb Mon 05, 2007 3:25 am

Sounds good. That's why the source is provided. :-)
Kallikak

Return to Software