Specs for the 7-segment LED displays used in the micro-KIM

Talk about your Micro-KIM

Specs for the 7-segment LED displays used in the micro-KIM

Postby jrash » Apr Mon 14, 2008 4:22 pm

I was wondering if anybody has the specs for the 7-Segment LEDs used in the micro-KIM. I looked in the manual and schematics and couldn't find anything. My kit came without the displays and I was thinking about using green LEDs anyway. Just want to make sure I get the correct ones.

Thanks!
jrash

E-mail Vince

Postby Aaron Teeling » Apr Mon 14, 2008 7:17 pm

... The kit comes with everything to may it go (minus the walwart) including the seven segment displays. Vince is excellent at customer service and I'm sure if the kit didn't ship with LED displays he will make good on replacing them.

Aaron
Aaron Teeling

Postby vbriel » Apr Mon 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Absolutely I'll send the correct ones. Contact me via email and I'll get those out. There are a couple of brands that are the same. The Mouser.com part # is 604-SA03-11EWA for the red. They use a common Anode. The dimensions and pinouts are available at mouser in a pdf. I didn't see a sister part with common anode in any other color.

Vince
vbriel
Site Admin

Postby jrash » Apr Mon 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks for the info, and don't worry about sending the LEDs, I was thinking about using green ones before I got the kit. I saw these in the Jameco catalog and they seem to be the perfect fit. http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... tId=790516
The print catalog gives a little more information (11-pin, Common Anode, Right and Left Hand decimal points) unfortunately there is no picture. What do you guys think?

Thanks again for all the help,
John
jrash

Return to Micro-KIM General Discussion